When Selling your home here are 10 good tips to think about that could bring you a higher price:
1) First impressions are lasting. The front door greets the prospect. Make sure it is fresh, clean and scrubbed looking. Keep lawn trimmed.
2) Let the sun shine in. Open draperies and curtains and let the prospect see how cheerful your home can be since dark rooms do not appeal.
3) Repairs can make a big difference. Loose knobs, sticking doors and windows, warped cabinet drawers and other minor flaws detract from home value. Have them fixed.
4) Safety first. Keep stairways clear. Avoid cluttered appearances and possible injuries.
Make closets look bigger. Neat, well-ordered closets show space is ample.
5) Arrange bedrooms neatly. Remove excess furniture. Use attractive bedspreads and freshly laundered curtains.
6) Bathrooms help sell homes. Check and repair caulking in bathtubs and showers. Fix that faucet! Dripping water discolors sinks and suggests faulty plumbing.
7) Three's a crowd. Avoid having too many people present during inspections. The potential buyer will feel like an intruder and will hurry through the house.
8) Silence is golden. Be courteous but don't force conversation with the potential buyer. They want to inspect your house - not pay a social call.
9) Music is mellow. But not when showing a house. Turn off the blaring radio or television. Let the agent and buyer talk, free of disturbances.
10) Pets underfoot? Keep them out of the way - preferably out of the house.
Let your realtor discuss price terms, possession and other factors with the buyer. He/she is eminently qualified to bring negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
Your cooperation will be appreciated and will help close the sale more quickly. And don't forget to call Darrell for your free consultation and market analysis!!!